There are advantages and disadvantages to both renting and buying…from when something breaks–who’s going to fix it, to not having to worry about making noise–after all it’s my house and there are no nosy neighbors to worry about.
Here are ten reasons to rent instead of own from shine.com:
1. Fancier Living: You may not ever be able to afford to own it, but with renting, you can enjoy that luxury condo overlooking the ocean.
2. Perks!: A lot of apartments come with community pools and gyms. My favorite thing about the apartment complex that I lived in during college was the massive swimming pool they had. My roommates and I would spend hours in the summer working on our tans, flirting with the cute neighbors, and sipping on margaritas juice. And think of all the money you’d save on gym memberships.
3. Water/Heat Included: Oftentimes, apartments come with water and heat included, so that’s less bills that you have to keep up with. And the world is simply better with less bills to pay.
4. No Need for Weeding: I’ve never mowed a lawn. Ever. I’ve never felt the hot summer sun on my back as I pushed a heavy lawn mower across a yard, drowning in my own disgusting sweat. Perks of renting!
5. When the Move Bug Bites …: While renting, the worst case scenario is waiting a year to move. Bad landlord? Peace out. Annoying neighbor? Buh-bye! With a home it’s a much stickier process.