Here are 6 tips that can help you overcome feeling sorry for yourself:
1. Being wrapped up in self-pity completely spoils any chance of being able to see new possibilities as they appear; besides, no one likes sour milk!
2. The only thing that grows from cultivating any dark seed of sorrow is more bitter fruit.
3. Feeling sorry for yourself is a slow acting poison; it first corrupts, and then consumes the heart…choking it with dark and useless emotions.
4. You cannot separate the reasons you have for feeling sorry for yourself from the sorry way you feel.
5. Agreeing to live with sad regrets only ensures they’ll still be with you tomorrow.
It is important to realize there lives nothing
in our past – regardless of how disappointing or painful it may have been – that can grab us and make us its captive anymore than dark shadows have the power to keep us from walking into the sunlight. Now, add to this fact the realization that there is never a good reason to go along with feeling bad about yourself, and you’re on your way to living in a world without self-pity.
Sending you a smile, Robin Downes