Detroit Police are taking new initiatives to help keep women safe in light of the recent rapes that have taken place in the city’s northeast side.
The police department is also teaming up with Detroit Department of Transportation to allow women to wait at police stations for their buses.
DDOT is re-routing buses to make stops at the police stations listed below.
Another woman was assaulted on Detroit’s northwest side early Friday morning.
At this point police do not believe this latest incident is connected to the rest, but nonetheless, this makes the eighth assault on women since Jan. 1.
Police Districts and Precincts That Will Serve as DDOT Bus Stops
* Central District: 7310 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48201 (313) 596-1300
* Eastern District: 11187 Gratiot, Detroit, MI 48213 (313) 596-5900
* Northeastern District: 5100 E. Nevada, Detroit, MI 48234 (313) 596-1100
* 6th Precinct: 11450 Warwick, Detroit, MI 48228 (313)596-5600
* 8th Precinct: 11450 Warwick, Detroit, MI 48228 (313) 596-5600
* 10th Precinct: 12000 Livernois, Detroit, MI 48206 (313) 596-1000
* 12th Precinct: 1441 W 7 Mile, Detroit, MI 48203 (313) 596-1200