This June, Radio One is harnessing the power of all its properties in a month-long, companywide, synergistic campaign called “It’s All Black Music!” This 360 multi-platform, national promotion was created in celebration of Black Music Month by Radio One’s and Interactive One’s digital core and Radio One’s national web content editorial team.
Black music is the foundation and the basis of many styles of music, from rock ‘n roll and pop to jazz and hip hop. By devoting a month to the global influences of Black music, Radio One is working to bridge the gaps in generations and bring out the passion our audience has for expressing themselves and their love for music.
Among the many custom and exclusive offerings being showcased this month we will be offering:
• It’s All Black Music Meter – TheUrbanDaily editorial staff will compel their our audience to vote on a variety of lists including The Top 10 Michael Jackson songs, The Top 10 Chris Brown songs and the most influential music producers of all time.
• The IN-dustry – A weekly editorial segment featuring key persons in the music industry, i.e. producers, A&Rs, product managers, sound engineers, etc.
• One Hit Wonder Wednesdays – Every Wednesday, Radio One will profile a beloved one hit wonder from the Black music community. Members will have the opportunity to chime in by leaving their comments
• Rewarding Moments in Black Music – This is a timeline that showcases some of the most rewarding and impactful moments in Black music.
In addition to these standard features for the month, there is also a roll out of daily content, which includes:
• Black Music Fact of the Day – Daily www.ItsAllBlackMusic.com will feature a known or little known musical fact
• Why We Love Black Musical Films – Our popular “5 Reasons To See” column will feature 5 classic musical movies like The Wiz and School Daze.
• Then and Now – A gallery franchise, it highlights artists over the years and their changing physical appearance, from hairstyles to plastic surgery.