Fall makeup doesn’t necessarily have to match the season’s warm, earthy colors. In fact, this fall’s prettiest makeup shades are intense and can be pulled off no matter your complexion. Here are Allure’s top 7 picks.
Navy blue isn’t just for sailor stripes and prep-school uniforms. Deeply pigmented yet classic enough not to be jarring, it looks especially gorgeous on brown eyes. Brush it across lids, into the crease, and past the outer corners. Finish by spreading gold beneath the lower lashes. “Gold shadow catches the light and adds a beautiful accent,” Pecheux says.
1. Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Eyeshadow in Indigo
2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #11
Add a twinkle to your eyes with a stroke of this vivid shade. “Violet makes brown eyes richer, greens greener, and blues more intense,” says makeup artist Tom Pecheux. Line the upper and lower rims to create a burst of color around eyes; for a smoky effect, smudge with a cotton swab.
1. NYX Slide On Pencil in Purple Blaze
2. Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Bourbon Street
When you want to make a statement (or an entrance), this vivacious pink-and-purple blend is the way to go. “This unique color surprisingly works on all skin tones,” says Pecheux. Use a lip brush when applying to keep the edges defined, and keep the rest of your makeup simple: Just go over lashes with mascara and darken brows a touch.
1. Avon Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction in Plum Gorgeous
2. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Sea Fleur