Tilane Jones here, just stopping by from UrbanBeautyCollective.com. One of the benefits of having the top minds in celebrity beauty on Urban Beauty Collective’s STYLE SQUAD is getting the scoop on our favorite starrahs!
So… after we stopped with all the OOOHHHs and AHHHHs over Alicia’s smooth do at the MTV “VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS”, we hit up her personal tress guru – hairstylist Tippi Shorter – for the skinny. Yes, Tippi is one of UBC STYLE SQUAD most popular pros and she was more than happy to break it down for us.
WOW! HOW’D THEY DO THAT!
– We started with freshly shampooed hair, I used the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense shampoo and conditioner.
– Next I applied the Ego Boost leave in conditioner from Bed Head and blow dried the hair.
– Before flat ironing, I spray the glossing mist from Ojon throughout for moisture and shine.
– I sectioned the hair from top to bottom and applied the Anti-Frizz Smoothing Cream from Tresemme to smooth hair back and into a mohawk french braid.
– I tucked the end of the braid underneath the braid and secured it with bobbi pins.
– I released the bottom and smoothed again with a Smart Heat flatiron.
– I made sure the style stayed put using the Tresemme 24 hour Body Hairspray.
Click here to get the Red Carpet to Performace look.
For more good beauty and fashion info, to find a hair stylist in your city, or for a daily dose of our celebrity Style Squad featuring Ursula Stephens and Wouri Vice, visit us at http://www.urbanbeautycollective.com.
Also, you can follow us on Twitter at UBCisFABULOUS.
Until then, stay beautiful, sisters…
Tilane Jones, Managing Editor, http://www.UrbanBeautyCollective.com