Adina Howard recently revealed to HelloBeautiful that along with preparing a new album, she is embarking on a new venture and attending Culinary Arts School. We called in a favor to the new chef, for her provide us with a simple recipe our Beauties can wow in-laws, friends and family with!
EXCLUSIVE: Adina Howard’s Wedding Story: “Freak Like Me” To Wife! [PHOTOS]
Glazed Sweet Potatoes:
8 lbs of Sweet Potatoes
1. Scrub the sweet potatoes and boil or steam until nearly tender.
Do not overcook.
2. Spread the potatoes on a sheet pan to cool.
3. Peel the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle. Remove dark spots.
Cut into neat, uniform pieces for easy portioning. Arrange in a buttered baking pan.
6 fluid oz Water
1 1/2 cups Maple syrup
6 oz Brown sugar
8 fluid oz Orange juice
2 fluid oz Lemon juice
2 oz Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground cloves
1/2 tsp Salt
4. Place water, syrup and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over heat until sugar dissolves. Add the remaining ingredients and boil until the mixture is reduced to a heavy syrup.
5. Pour the syrup over the potatoes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and glazed, about 45-60 minutes. Take a spoon and pour the syrup over the potatoes several times during baking.
Happy Thanksgiving From HelloBeautiful
10 Ways To Spike The Thanksgiving Punch This Holiday Season
var jsUrl = ‘http://cdn.hellobeautiful.com/external/js/gallery/2124805/1318586563/';
gallery.src = jsUrl + ((jsUrl.indexOf(‘?’) >=0 ) ? ‘&’ : ‘?’) +’ver=cbd9523′;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(gallery, s);