For those of you new to Twitter, it’s a fun way to show off your wit and it’s also entertaining to keep tabs on your favorite celebrities. But then there is the darker side of Twitter.
So in the spirit of all things inappropriate and digital, we’ve come up with a nifty list of things that never need to be tweeted:
1. That you’re having sex.right.at.this.moment.
2. That you’re concerned your period is late.
3. That you’re disappointed in his penis size. Really anything about his penis size.
4. Speaking of penises, there’s no need to tweet pictures of your goodies ever.
5. Child birth. Earlier this week a woman live-tweeted her labor. The internet was not impressed. Or kind.
6. Weddings. A simple “congrats to @Mr and @Mrs on tying the knot!” after the love birds say “I do” can be sweet. But tweeting during actual the ceremony? Not so much.
7. Your phone number or email address. Speaking from experience here; my spam folder is out of control!
8. Announcing that you’re angry with (and therefore trash-talking) your boyfriend, best friend, mom, boss or dog.
9. That you’re stuck in traffic. Put the phone down and concentrate on the (slow) moving road ahead!
10. Anything you’d hesitate saying in person. If you’re unsure about saying it to someone’s face or to a group of people, it’s probably not the best idea to broadcast it in 140 characters.