• Florida Man Chokes To Death During Roach-Eating Contest

    Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

    Edward Archbold roach eating contestMIAMI  — A Florida man choked to death after downing dozens of live roaches during a contest earlier this year in which the grand prize was a python, according to an autopsy released Monday.

    MUST READ: Does The GOP Have A Diversity Problem

    Edward Archbold (pictured), 32, of West Palm Beach died as a result of “asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents,” according to the report released by the Broward County medical examiner’s office. It said his airway was obstructed by the roach body parts, which caused him to not be able to breathe.

    SEE ALSO: White Cop Quits After Volunteering To Kill President Obama

    Lab tests for drugs came back negative. The death has been ruled an accident.

    Archbold died after downing the bugs as well as worms in the Oct. 6 contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami.

    MUST READ: ‘Detroit White Boy’ Pens Autobiography About Motown Upbringing

    Messages left with the store’s owner and his attorney were not immediately returned.

    Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!

    Archbold became ill shortly after the contest and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

    About 30 people ate the insects, but authorities said none of the other contestants became ill.

    Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

    Originally seen on http://newsone.com/

    Tags: »


    Leave a Comment


    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 450 other followers