Rihanna‘s new mega deal with MAC Cosmetics is unlike their past celebrity collaborations. In an unprecedented deal for both, Rihanna has been dubbed as a “creative partner” and will collaborate on multiple collections of color cosmetics that will roll out later this year.
“When you think of makeup, the brand that pops into your mind — for something legit — is MAC,” said the singer, who was dressed in a black, strappy, curve-hugging dress of her own design and matching Manolo Blahnik heels during an exclusive interview with WWD. “Whatever color you want, it’s like ‘Let’s go to MAC.’ I’ve been using MAC on tour for such a long time it was a natural fit for me. I have always loved makeup, and I always said that if I do it, I want to do it with a credible brand.”
RiRi Woo, a signature red lipstick from RiRi [Hearts] MAC collection, will be the first to launch on May 4th to coincide with her Diamonds Tour concert at the Barclays Center. MAC will also open a pop-up shop at the concert. The summer collection will debut two additional lipsticks, a Lustre Drops shade and a powder blush duo. The fall collection will debut four lipsticks, a deeply pigmented lipglass version of RiRi Woo, two multishade eye shadow palettes and false lashes.
I don’t know about you beauties, but I am geeked and running circles in my mind at the anticipation of snatching RiRi’s signature red lips! Are you all excited yet?
9 Style Tips From Rihanna
1. 1. Stun In Sheer Panelled Red1 of 9
2. 2. Edge It Up With Leather And A BodyconSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. 3. A Grey Jacket Adds TextureSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. 4. Lighten Up In Ethereal WhiteSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. 5. A 'Lil Spice Is Nice In A Red Mini5 of 9
6. 6. Opt For Retro Wth A Crop Top And Pencil Skirt6 of 9
7. 7. ...Keep Up The Theme In A SweatshirtSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. 8. Go Sleek With A Silk ComboSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. 9. Balance It Out In Shorts And An Oversized CoatSource:Getty 9 of 9
Follow our style & beauty editor on Twitter!—
Ty Alexander (@HB_TyAlexander) January 18, 2013