Kerry Washington goes luxe-glam for the November cover of ESSENCE Magazine. Wearing a stunning must-have gold Rafael Cennamo Couture dress and sporting a swoon-worthy gold-tipped manicure, the Emmy-nominated actress was styled by the one and only June Ambrose.
You beauties know that I am totes #TeamGladiators and my obsession with this show involves switching my phone to mute, ignoring the boyfriend, and using the commercial breaks to live tweet my predictions (join me promptly at 10pm this Thursday for the season premiere).
Shonda Rhimes, the brilliant creator behind my fascination, says Washington “is truly dedicated to making Olivia a real person. She adds layers and depth and a soul to Olivia.”
Check out a few excerpts from their interview:
On how the 36-year-old divides the artist from the muse:
“Olivia has three [fashion] modes: Work Olivia, Black-Tie Gala Olivia and At Home Olivia… My fashion is more eclectic: There’s Going to Work Kerry, which is gym clothes and Nike kicks. That’s the Bronx girl. There’s also Red Carpet Kerry and Out to Dinner With Friends Kerry.”
On what a Girls’ Night Out for Olivia would be:
“It would involve a lot of wine. I drink maybe twice a year. I would be with my three best friends from high school or my girlfriends from the show.”
For the full interview with Kerry Washington pick up the November issue of ESSENCE now! In the meantime watch our exclusive behind the scenes footage of Kerry during her photo shoot.
Follow me @gorgeousingrey
10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington
1. 10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington1 of 11
2. (1.) Learn How To Channel Your Inner Olivia Pope2 of 11
3. (2.) Add A LOT Of Color To Your Closet3 of 11
4. (3.) Make A Statement With Your Accessories4 of 11
5. (4.) Have Your Freakum Dress Ready5 of 11
6. (5.) Show A Little Skin6 of 11
7. (6.) And A Little Leg7 of 11
8. (7.) And Perhaps Some Cleavage Too8 of 11
9. (8.) Get Retro!9 of 11
10. (9.) Show Your Animalistic Side10 of 11
11. (10.) The Little Black Dress Is Your Best Friend11 of 11
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY:
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style & Beauty Trends