Why is that we always want what we don’t have? Back in the days when I wore shoulder-length straight hair, I wanted curly hair–a looser curl that had a ton of body and shine to it. But how to achieve that look was anyone’s guess.
From sponge rollers, which always left a dent, to small-barreled hair curling irons that always seemed to leave nasty burns on my delicate digits I just wasn’t getting the results I wanted–the kind that didn’t involve my hair stylist Mom and plenty of at-home curling blunders.
Fast-forward to present day and here we have Infiniti Pro Curl Secret by Conair ($99.99, Ulta Stores and online). A tool that looks a little scary until you get up close and personal to understand it’s capabilities. This system is basically fool-proof, unless you’re me who got a few strands stuck in the ceramic chamber at testing time. Tzzzhe chamber that churns out the most lovely curls I must say when you finally get the hang of this tool. Don’t be alarmed ladies, I recovered the entire length of those strands without further incident.
‘Infiniti’ is one of my “Best in Tools” because it really does make getting extraordinary curls rather easy. The benefits? There’s no wear and tear on your shoulders and you won’t suffer from finger burn as a result of using this hair tool.
If you don’t view the video, then follow these steps to attain your dream ‘do:
Step 1: Start with tangle-free, clean, dry hair.
Step 2: Make sure the Curl Chamber is facing your head.
Step 3: Open the handles and place a 1-½ section of hair in the Curl Chamber.
Step 4: Close the handles and watch as your hair is automatically drawn into the device and comes out 8-12 seconds later (you choose the time) with a beautifully-formed spiral curl.
Step 5: Once you hear four rapid succession beeps, open the handles and release that section of hair and repeat until your entire head is completed.
For those of you concerned with whether ‘Infiniti’ will burn your hair? Don’t be. It heats up to 400 F and stops sending heat to your hair after a maximum of 12 seconds in the curl chamber.
The verdict: B+. ‘Infiniti’ does take some getting used to, but when you’ve finally mastered the ways of this machine, you’ll be a curling aficionado.
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair1 of 53
2. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore ConditionerSource:Walmart 2 of 53
3. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style MilkSource:Walmart 3 of 53
4. Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in Conditioner 8.5 Oz4 of 53
5. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls5 of 53
6. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil6 of 53
7. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free ShampooSource:Walmart 7 of 53
8. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine PomadeSource:Walmart 8 of 53
9. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner9 of 53
10. Kinky Curly Knot Today10 of 53
11. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In MoisturizerSource:Walmart 11 of 53
12. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls12 of 53
13. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner13 of 53
14. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar14 of 53
15. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner15 of 53
16. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing ConditionerSource:Walmart 16 of 53
17. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ShampooSource:courtesy of Organix 17 of 53
18. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner18 of 53
19. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner19 of 53
20. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner20 of 53
21. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo21 of 53
22. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo22 of 53
23. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo23 of 53
24. Motions Hair Naturally You Products24 of 53
25. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ConditionerSource:Cantu 25 of 53
26. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock GelSource:Cantu 26 of 53
27. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming ShampooSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 27 of 53
28. Beautiful Textures Moisture ButterSource:courtesy of Moisture Butter 28 of 53
29. Ojon Damage Reverse ShampooSource:courtesy of Ojon 29 of 53
30. Ojon Damage Reverse ConditionerSource:courtesy of Ojon 30 of 53
31. OBIA Curl Hydration SpraySource:OBIA 31 of 53
32. Ouidad Heat and Humidity GelSource:courtesy of Ouidad 32 of 53
33. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged33 of 53
34. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing GelSource:Ouidad 34 of 53
35. AG Re:coil35 of 53
36. Curly Hair Solutions Curl KeeperSource:Curly Hair Solutions 36 of 53
37. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme LiteSource:Curl Junkie 37 of 53
38. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue38 of 53
39. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier39 of 53
40. Aussie Moist Shampoo40 of 53
41. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel41 of 53
42. Moroccanoil Hydrating ShampooSource:Moroccanoil 42 of 53
43. Moroccanoil Hydrating ConditionerSource:Moroccanoil 43 of 53
44. Moroccanoil Hair TreatmentSource:Moroccanoil 44 of 53
45. Softsheen Carson Optimum Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion45 of 53
46. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment46 of 53
47. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner47 of 53
48. Yarok HairSource:yarokhair.com 48 of 53
49. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner49 of 53
50. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing ConditionerSource:ChazDean.com 50 of 53
51. Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner51 of 53
52. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry SkinSource:Jane Carter Solution 52 of 53
53. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash ConditionerSource:Pantene/Pantene.com 53 of 53
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY: