Lynn recommends what she calls a “metabolic fast,” which helps her clients get their bodies into the fat-burning zone and reduce bloating while detoxifying the body’s system. She said clients and students experienced some weight loss in the first 24 hours, and continued to lose as long as they stayed on track until they have reached their weight-loss goals.
Additional metabolic boosting steps Lynn recommends include:
· Try to drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water per day.
· Allow your body to feel hunger. It’s a sign that your body is burning fat.
· Eat at least five servings or more of veggies per day to feel full and be regular.
· Keep a daily food journal.
· Perform daily cardiovascular exercise for 45-60 minutes to rev your metabolism. Do something that causes you to break a sweat, but refrain from over-exercising as this may contribute to overeating following your workout.
Once clients begin to see a shift in weight, their spirits tend to brighten.
The key to successful weight loss, Lynn says, is attitude.
“My No. 1 goal with obese or overweight clientele is to get them to feel good first so they have the energy to make a lifestyle change that will ultimately affect their waistline.”