0 reads Leave a comment
American activist, teacher and writer Maya Angelou is gone from us but certainly not forgotten. Wednesday, on the day she passed, NewsOne hit the streets of Harlem to talk to people about what the phenomenal woman meant to them. We even stopped by the Apollo Theater and spoke with Grandmaster Caz and Apollo historian Billy Mitchell, who detailed how Angelou once performed at the world-famous theater when she was a Calypso singer.
- 20 Facts You Didn’t Know About Maya Angelou
- Oprah Remembers Her First Meeting With Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou: Activist and Pan Africanist
- India.Arie Shares How Maya Angelou Influenced Her
- Congressmen G.K. Butterfield and Charlie Rangel Reflect On Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou On the Importance Of Speaking the Truth