What’s better than a Friday? A Friday that leads into a long weekend! Fourth of July weekend is easily the hottest of the summer with all of the fireworks and BBQs. But how can you beat the heat and keep things cooking at the same time?
TGIF cocktails has two new flavors of pre-mixed drinks, Peach Tea and Hawaiian Volcano that will be a hit at any gathering this weekend. But what do you pair with these blended treats? We have some suggestions.
1 pound hamburger
1 can (8 oz size) pineapple slices
3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 red onion; sliced
1 tablespoon margarine
4 lettuce leaves
4 buns (onion or sesame are best)
4 slices swiss cheese
4 slices cooked bacon
Drain the pineapple juice into a small bowl; add the terriyaki sauce. Place 3 Tb. in a resealable bag. Add the pineapple and rotate to coat; set aside.
Form the hamburger into patties and place in an 8×8 pan. Pour remaining teriyaki sauce on top of burgers. Marinate for 5-10 minutes, turning once.
In a skillet saute onion in butter until tender; about 5 minutes. Grill, fry or broil burgers til done. Place pineapple on grill or under broiler to heat through. Layer lettuce and onion on bottom of bun. Top with the burger, cheese and pineapple and bacon. Replace tops and serve immediately.
Peach Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- 3 to 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Baste ribs.
- Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until meat is tender and juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Pineapple and Peach Salsa
* 1 fresh pineapple sliced cored and peeled shopping list
* 2 medium peaches peeled halved and pitted shopping list
* 1 small red onion diced shopping list
* 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced shopping list
* 8 sprigs fresh cilantro chopped shopping list
* 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
* 1/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
* 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice