Motown founder Berry Gordy and Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife, Anna Gordy Gaye died early this morning in Los Angeles. The family said she passed at home from natural causes around 3AM. Anna was 92 years old.
Marvin and Anna married in 1964 and had one child together, Marvin Gaye III, but eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged, Marvin wrote “Anna’s Song”
Anna was a huge influence on his career, co-composing two hits on his classic “What’s Going On” album.
Get KISS News & Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “KissDetroit” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!
Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 KISS On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Favorite Black Celebs!
- The Looks You Need To See From Yeezy Season 3
- Jay Z & Robert De Niro At The 2016 amfAR New York City Gala
- #NYFW: Be Prepared To Look Hot In BCBG’s Fall 2016 Line
- The Women Of The Black Panther Party
- VFiles Presents Wearable Tech At NYFW SS16
- 7 Snapchat Accounts That Will Help You Get Your Life
- Maurice White: The Elements’ Shining Star