Motown founder Berry Gordy and Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife, Anna Gordy Gaye died early this morning in Los Angeles. The family said she passed at home from natural causes around 3AM. Anna was 92 years old.
Marvin and Anna married in 1964 and had one child together, Marvin Gaye III, but eventually divorced in 1977. While they were estranged, Marvin wrote “Anna’s Song”
Anna was a huge influence on his career, co-composing two hits on his classic “What’s Going On” album.
Get KISS News & Highlights Delivered Daily!
Text “KissDetroit” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!
Standard Messaging Rates Apply
LIKE 105.9 KISS On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Favorite Black Celebs!
- INSTADAILY: How Your Favorite Celebs Spent Thanksgiving
- Sasha & Malia Obama Steal The Show At Presidential Turkey Pardon
- INSTADAILY: Diddy’s Extravagant 46th Birthday Bash
- All The Times Jennifer Lopez Dazzled In The Most Exquisite Gowns At The AMAs
- First Look: Sofia Vergara’s Stunning Wedding To ‘Magic Mike’ Star Joe Manganiello
- Red Carpet Rundown: The 2015 American Music Awards
- Damn Gina: Thanksgiving Episodes From Our Favorite 90s Sitcoms