“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- 2015 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
- 20 Pictures That Show The Powerful Resilience Of Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/12-6/18)
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/5-6/11)
- Mason & CoCo Presents the #MeetEveryListener Tour at the Meijer Grand Opening [PHOTOS]
- Taraji P. Henson and Adam Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Mason & CoCo Presents The #MeetEveryListener Tour WSG Vivian Green [PHOTOS]