“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- Way Back Wednesday: Lil Kim Through The Years
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagram (7/18-7/24)
- Tasha Page-Lockhart [PHOTOS]
- Catch All The Action From The 2015 ESPY Awards Red Carpet
- Ciara and Russell Wilson [PHOTOS]
- 2015 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
- 20 Pictures That Show The Powerful Resilience Of Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church