“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.. “
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- #FreeBreakfastFridays: McDonalds 8 Mile and Woodward [PHOTOS]
- Fabulous First Family: The Obamas Celebrate ‘Christmas In Washington’
- D’Angelo [PHOTOS]
- National March Against Police Violence in DC [PHOTOS]
- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama Give Back At Toys for Tots [PHOTOS]
- 10 Bloggers Styling in Sequins
- #FreeBreakfastFridays: McDonalds Grand River & Lahser [PHOTOS]