“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life.. “
Legendary poet, author, activist and musician Maya Angelou was born on April 4, 1928. In honor of her great life, we are taking a look at some of her best quotes.
Didn’t know Maya Angelou was a musician? Listen to her song “Run Joe” here.
- 2015 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
- 20 Pictures That Show The Powerful Resilience Of Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/12-6/18)
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/5-6/11)
- Mason & CoCo Presents the #MeetEveryListener Tour at the Meijer Grand Opening [PHOTOS]
- Taraji P. Henson and Adam Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Mason & CoCo Presents The #MeetEveryListener Tour WSG Vivian Green [PHOTOS]