RIP Roger Ebert: The Happiest Moments With His Wife Chaz
1. Roger & Chaz Ebert1 of 11
2. Roger & Chaz Ebert2 of 11
3. Roger & Chaz Ebert3 of 11
4. Roger & Chaz Ebert4 of 11
5. Roger & Chaz Ebert5 of 11
6. Roger & Chaz Ebert6 of 11
7. Roger & Chaz Ebert7 of 11
8. Roger & Chaz Ebert8 of 11
9. Roger & Chaz Ebert9 of 11
10. Roger & Chaz Ebert10 of 11
11. Roger & Chaz Ebert11 of 11
Legendary film critic Roger Ebert, 70, gracefully bid goodbye to a wonderful and accomplished life today. The Pulitzer Prize winning journalist passed on after a long battle with papillary thyroid cancer. He is survived by his wife Chaz Ebert–his second thumb and the woman who kept him smiling through the toughest of times.
Ebert’s film column first appeared in the Chicago-Sun Times in 1967. He co-hosted television shows “Sneak Previews”, “At the Movies with Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert”, and “Siskel and Ebert and The Movies” with Gene Siskel–who died in February of 1999 of cancer as well.
Know for his honest opinion, integrity and passion for film, Ebert’s legacy is a packed booklet of unprecedented milestones, quotes and literature.
“Every great film should seem new every time you see it.”
RIP Roger Ebert!
More on Roger Ebert’s life, career and condition: