She’s not the other Vanessa Williams – she’s the one you know from “Soul Food” the TV series and as Keisha from “New Jack City.” She is the one without the middle initial; it’s Vanessa L. Wiliams that is the blue-eyed former Miss America.
“It’s a mistake that is perpetuated around the Internet,” Williams says. Williams actually had her name first, as she started her film career before the other Vanessa.
But despite her success in entertainment, this Williams understands the value of a dollar. That’s why she’s doing an event with Family Dollar. “Family Dollars wants the African-American community to be aware of their amazing selection of national brands. We’re doing this event with me and 13 other bloggers from New York to L.A., Alabama and Mississippi just getting the good news out and being Family Dollar fabulous. Because you can be fabulous at a value price.”
All of the Black hair care products are there, says Williams and they’re in your neighborhood, not to mention, its a cheap place for kids. With 8,000 stores in 42 states, there’s likely to be one near you. Williams is doing an event in Charlotte, and you can catch Tom at a Family Dollar in Dallas next week.
Check out Family Dollar Stores here.
Follow Vanessa Williams on Twitter here.
Celebs Who Rock or Rocked Dreadlocks
26 photos Launch gallery
1. Zendaya Coleman
1 of 26
2. Wiz Kalifah rocks dreads
2 of 26
3. Rapper Future rocks dreads
3 of 26
4. Ciara's locs were fake, but she looked hot nonetheless
4 of 26
5. Steve Wonder still rocks his famous dreads
5 of 26
6. Avu Duvernay
6 of 26
7. Ledisi still rocks her locks!
7 of 26
8. Whoopi Goldberg still rocks her dreadlocks!
8 of 26
9. Actor Jason Momoa used to rock dreadlocks.
9 of 26
10. 2 Chainz still rocks dreadlocks!
10 of 26
11. Author Terry McMillan used to rock dreadlocks.
11 of 26
12. Lisa Bonet still rocks her dreadlocks!
12 of 26
13. Goapele used to rock dreadlocks.
13 of 26
14. Ledisi still rocks her dreadlocks!
14 of 26
15. Lauryn Hill used to rock dreadlocks.
15 of 26
16. The late and great Bob Marley rocked dreadlocks!
16 of 26
17. Lenny Kravitz used to rock dreadlocks.
17 of 26
18. Damian Marley still rocks his dreadlocks!
18 of 26
19. Kim Fields used to rock dreadlocks.
19 of 26
20. NFL player Chris Johnson still rocks his dreads!
20 of 26
21. AJ Calloway used to rock dreads!
21 of 26
22. NBA player Chris Bosh used to rock dreadlocks.
22 of 26
23. Malcolm-Jamal Warner used to rock dreadlocks.
23 of 26
24. NBA player Marquis Daniels still rocks his dreadlocks!
24 of 26
25. T-Pain used to rock dreadlocks!
25 of 26
26. Rapper Wale still rocks dreadlocks!
26 of 26