With the holiday season here, safety should be your number one priority.
The Black and Missing Foundation, Inc. has provided a few tips to keep you safe this holiday season:
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Alert a family member or friend of your whereabouts.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, “con-artists” may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Also On 105.9 Kiss-FM: